Translate

2012.318


This section will be my reviews of the music of today and tomorrow that I listen to. It will fulfill the creative side of my "machine."

My first post will be a small review of the upcoming An_Omen EP on Nov. 13th from a side-project of Trent Reznor called 'How to Destroy Angels.' It is brooding cross-compilation of The Social Network soundtrack and The Fragile CD. Keep It Together is the lead single and Trent's wife, the lovely Mariqueen Maandig-Reznor, who does a nice soft intro on the EP. After this song, it is hard to pick a favorite. Beware though; the bass is present in all songs.

How To Destroy Angels - An_Omen EP
This section will be my thoughts on the machine itself. From computers, technology, and software; it will fulfill the analytical side of my "machine."

My first post of my analytical "machine" will be a link to an article from fame MIT philosopher Noam Chomsky from The Atlantic. In the piece he discusses how artificial intelligence went awry. It is a beast of an article in The Atlantic. 14 pages with over 10,300+ words. Not for the faint of heart. To sum it up in one sentence per Chomsky, "To Neuroscience and Computer Science: You are doing it wrong. You need to understand the computational structure of the human brain rather than what the brain does or what can a computer program do before you even think about continuing on the field of Artificial Intelligence."

Noam Chomsky on Where Artificial Intelligence Went Wrong


No comments:

Post a Comment